Good Afternoon Harvest Church Family!
“The wife of a man from the company of the prophets cried out to Elisha, “Your servant my husband is dead, and you know that he revered the Lord. But now his creditor is coming to take my two boys as his slaves.” 2 Elisha replied to her, “How can I help you? Tell me, what do you have in your house?” “Your servant has nothing there at all,” she said, “except a small jar of olive oil.” 2 Kings 4:1-2
We have been examining the strong faith of Elisha and the encounters he had with others lacking faith in 2 Kings. Sunday was no different. A woman who lost her husband and was about to lose her two boys due to debt owed was in desperate need coming to Elisha. Often we seek out others and many ways of trying to find help when the truth is, when you don't have what you really want, God is what you really need.
Coming to Elisha was not a bad thing in and of itself but God is really what she needed in her time of need. How many times do we need to be reminded that even though we feel helpless and don't have much we need to stop waiting for what you want and start working with what you have. God has given each of us resources that we many times fail to recognize. We think we "need" all this but really we have what we need but just need to start trusting and using what God has given.
My prayer this week has been that you will empty yourself of yourself and be open to allowing God to do something in and through you to meet the need that you may have but even more in someone else. This pandemic has opened my eyes to the need that we have to continue to reach out and reach in to peoples lives. Many are living in fear and looking for hope. You, in Christ, are the HOPE and can share the HOPE that is needed.
- You can be here in PERSON or watch our Sunday Service via live stream on our Facebook page click HERE. Our Youtube page click HERE or our Web page click HERE.
- Teen and Adult Sunday School are continuing this week at 9:30 a.m Nursery Care for birth to age 3 is back this Sunday as well.
- This Sunday is Serve Day. We are meeting at the corner of 15th and Minnesota to help at the aide station for the Corn Palace Half Marathon. Come and join us wearing your Harvest T-shirt to encourage and support the runners. We will then if you want gather back at the church for service at 10:30 am for a special in concert with Award Winning Entertainer of the Year Greg Hager and to finish our Elisha Series.
- Remember that masks are not required but recommended for service and continue to wash or sanitize hands frequently to help stop the spread of COVID-19. If you would like to visit longer with others we ask that you please carry your conversation outside of the church building.
- Don't forget to sign-up for a Rooted Group (lifegroup) that works with your schedule. Click HERE to sign-up online or in person on Sunday. We have different groups for you to take part building community, praying, fellowship and digging deeper into scripture.
- All of our Wednesday Night Ministries are in full swing.
Looking forward to an amazing day in service and praise to our great and awesome God.
Hope to see you in PERSON or join us via LIVESTREAM.
Harvest Community Church of the Nazarene