Good Afternoon Harvest Church Family!
Every year I try and take time to get away for a spiritual retreat and sermon planning with my brother from another mother, Dave McGafffey from Brainerd, Minnesota. This year we had the privilege of getting to together and getting away at a friends cabin up in Northern Minnesota. Through all of this pandemic time it has been hard to see forward and what lies ahead as a church. I spent time asking and thinking on what God has in store for us and the future of Harvest Church in Mitchell. I wish I could tell you that I had some great epiphany and grandiose vision of what is in store but the one word that kept coming back is trust. Trust in His plan daily for what is ahead.
Proverbs 3:5-8 states in the Message, "Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he’s the one who will keep you on track. Don’t assume that you know it all. Run to God! Run from evil! Your body will glow with health, your very bones will vibrate with life! Honor God with everything you own; give him the first and the best."
In recovery we need to trust God with every moment of our day. In our daily walk, it is to be the same. In these unprecedented times we need to trust that God knows what He is doing in our world, our nation, our community and yes, our church. It is difficult for us when we are capable of so much on our own. That is where we get in trouble because we try and trust in our own ways instead of His.
Please continue to pray for Jason, Stephen, your church board and me. We are constantly seeking God's leading not in our own strength but His.
- You can be here in PERSON or watch our Sunday Service via live stream on our Facebook page click HERE. Our Youtube page click HERE or our Web page click HERE.
- Adult Sunday School are continuing this week at 9:30 a.m Nursery Care for birth to age 3 is back this Sunday as well.
- Remember that masks are not required but recommended for service and continue to wash or sanitize hands frequently to help stop the spread of COVID-19. If you would like to visit longer with others we ask that you please carry your conversation outside of the church building.
- Don't forget to sign-up for a Rooted Group that begin this week (lifegroup) that works with your schedule. Click HERE to sign-up online or in person on Sunday. We have different groups for you to take part building community, praying, fellowship and digging deeper into scripture.
- All of our Wednesday Night Ministries are in full swing.
I will be gone tomorrow but Pastor Stephen will be preaching and kicking off a new series called the "Kingdom Experiment".
Harvest Community Church of the Nazarene