Who are the Nazarenes?
We are young, old, and in between. We are from all walks of life: homemakers, teachers, construction workers, administrators, self-employed, retired and students.
The Church of the Nazarene is over 100 years old, born out of the revival which our country experienced early in the 19th century. Like many of the denominations out of the protestant movement, we confess the ancient Christian creeds and desires for all people to follow the teachings and life of Jesus Christ the Nazarene.
A CARING FELLOWSHIP
- The helpfulness of Christian friends
- A wholeness of worship through music, reflection, prayer and scripture.
- Teaching that strengthens and applies to our journey with Christ.
- Prayer that leads us to carry shared burdens and rejoice in answered requests.
- Bible-centered Sunday School classes for all ages.
- Activities for all members of the family.
- Ministries for everyone to use their God given gifts and talents.
- People who have a heart to love God and serve.
WHAT DO WE BELIEVE?
- We believe that Jesus Christ died for our sins, was raised to new life, lives today and that those who know Him as Savior will live with Him in eternity. We call this Grace, and we call it the Love of God.
- We believe that anyone can put their trust in Jesus as their personal Savior and that our lives are to be completely dedicated to Jesus.
- We believe that it is God's plan to completely transform our attitudes, thoughts and actions that we may be like Him, in His image and in His likeness. Walking daily empowered by the presence of the Holy Spirit living in us continually. We call this holiness.
- We believe that the Bible is the Word of God. We call this our Textbook for Christian Living.
- We believe we are part of the total body of Christ, which consists of people in all churches who profess Jesus is their Lord and Savior. We call this the Church Universal.
- We believe that Christ will return to this world to resurrect the dead, transform the living and judge all people according to their faith in Him. We call this the Second Coming.
- We believe the church is here to build the kingdom of God. His commission to all who follow is, "go and make disciples of all nations."
IF YOU are searching for a place of acceptance and warmth, then Harvest Community Church of the Nazarene wants to pledge to you to be that place. We are a people who have been through a few bumps of our own and we know what it feels like to be abandoned by so called friends, we know how it feels to be uncertain of our relationship with God. But we have become a people with hope because of God's great Gift of grace and finding people who really care. Let us be the place you find that same hope for your life. Welcome Home!
If you would like to more about the Church of the Nazarene and our 16 Articles of Faith please visit http://nazarene.org/articles-faith